Archive for the ‘Legislative’ Category
On February 18, 2014, PACD Executive Director Robert Maiden recorded a piece for Comcast Newsmakers in Harrisburg. The focus of the four-and-one-half minute piece was the positive impact the Pennsylvania budget will have on conservation districts. Click here to watch the segment.
In the article, Michele Ulmer of Pike County Conservation District noted that “we get great feedback from legislators who look forward to this event as an opportunity to answer questions that come across their desks over the course of the year.” Even if legislators can’t make it, they do ask for information, and it’s a great opportunity to follow-up with specific asks.
Click here to read the story.
Coinciding with the upcoming PACD/SCC Winter Meeting in State College, the Center for Dirt and Gravel (D&G) Roads will host several round-table discussion sessions about the Program funding increase and the changes it will bring to the Program with the recent passing of House Bill 1060, the comprehensive Transportation Funding Package.
“Since many Districts will be attending the PACD winter meeting (Jan 28 & 29 in State College), it presents a good opportunity to “piggyback” with some D&G funding discussions,” said Steve Blosser, with the Center for Dirt and Gravel Roads Program.
Three listening sessions are currently planned between January 27 and 29:
- Monday, January 27, 5-7:30 p.m. (Ramada Ballroom)
- This is a break-out session which will include a brief program update, a question and answer session and then breakout discussions into topic groups.
- Tuesday, January 28, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (Ramada Nittany Room)
- This is an informal session with discussion only. Participants can come and go as they please any time between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 29, 1-3 p.m. (Ramada Atrium)
- This is a structured session (patterned like the Monday evening session) which will include a brief program update, a question and answer session and then breakout into topic groups for discussion.
The purpose in each of these sessions is to:
1) Share information about the funding increase with Conservation Districts;
2) Provide Conservation Districts with the opportunity to ask questions, voice concerns, and provide input in this ongoing process; and
3) Generate discussion and new ideas for moving forward.
Anyone planning to attend the Monday or Wednesday session should contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org so that plans can be made accordingly.
On Thursday, September 19, PACD Executive Director Robert Maiden taped a segment of PCN’s “On the Issues.” The 30-minute program is conducted as a one-on-one interview style which allows the host and guest to delve into topics of interest. Maiden spoke to the work of conservation districts throughout Pennsylvania as well as the Dirt and Gravel Road Program and the comprehensive transportation funding bill package. This exclusive segment will air on Wednesday, September 25 at 8 p.m. Check your local listings for channel information. For more information about “On the Issues,” visit http://pcntv.com/programming/public-affairs-programming/on-the-issues.