Five Pennsylvania Farms Receive Clean Water Farm Award
PACD presented the operators of five farms with the Clean Water Farm Award during its annual conference on July 27, 2016 in State College, PA. The honor is awarded annually to farmers who manage their daily farm operations in an environmentally conscious manner that helps to protect Pennsylvania’s water quality.
This year’s award recipients are:
Left to right: PACD President Glenn Seidel, Acting Secretary of Environmental Protection Patrick McDonnell, C. Barclay Hoopes, Jr., Diana Hoopes, and Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Greg Hostetter. The Hoopes were presented with the Clean Water Farm Award on July 27, 2016. They were nominated by the Chester County Conservation District.
The Clean Water Farm award was initiated in 1986. Recipients of the award are nominated by their local county conservation districts. Financial support for this award is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection through the Chesapeake Bay Regulatory and Accountability Program and the Pennsylvania Chesapeake Bay Education Office (administered by the Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts, Inc.).
Click here to read the entire press release.
- South East Region: Barclay Hoopes (Chester County)
- South West Region: James A. & Billie Cowell, Jr. of Frosty Springs Farm (Greene County)
- North West Region: Elder Farms – Loren & Darren Elder (Lawrence County)
- North Central Region: Allen & Linda Wehr Farm (Union County)
- South Central Region: Randall & Sarah Patterson (York County)
Trackback from your site.