The following resources are available from PACD. Click here to request a resource.
|StormwaterPA: Your blueprint for success
Audience: Local Officials, Developers, Engineers
Description: DVD looks at some of the latest techniques being used in Pennsylvania to meet growing concerns about flooding, water quality, and community health.
|Reduce Runoff: Slow it Down, Spread it Out, Soak it In!
Format: YouTube video
Audience: Local Officials
Description: Green techniques are being used in urban areas to reduce the effects of stormwater runoff on the quality of downstream receiving waters. The goal is to mimic the natural way water moved before development, using design techniques to infiltrate, evaporate, and reuse runoff close to its source.
- Backyard Woods
- Center for Watershed Protection
- DEP Stormwater Best Management Practices Manual
- Forest Buffers: The Key to Clean Streams – PSU Newsletter
- Green Roofs Website
- Guidelines for Natural Stream Channel Design in PA
- Information on Trees and Tree Care in PA: www.treevitalize.net
- Low Impact Development Center
- Non-Point Source Pollution Website for Municipal Officials
- Penn State Green Roofs Center
- Penn State Publication on Preserving Trees During Development
- Penn State Water Resources Center
- Pennsylvania Organization of Watersheds
- Rain Barrel Guide
- Rain Gardens
- Reduce Your Stormwater
- Riparian Forest Buffers – Linking Land and Water
- The Stormwater Manager’s Resource Center
- Stormwater PA
- Stream Restoration
- Stroud Water Research Center (PA)
- Taking Care of Stormwater: A Bayscapes Guide
- Wisconsin’s Rain Garden Website