To be responsive to conservation districts so they can conserve natural resources for our future.
The Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts, Inc. (PACD) works to enhance locally led efforts that support the wise use of the state’s natural resources. The PACD primarily serves as the collective voice for Pennsylvania’s 66 county conservation districts. Over the years the Association has played an integral part in shaping the modern conservation district by providing advocacy, education and training, program coordination and facilitation to districts and their constituents.
The PACD has an earned reputation for being able to effectively tackle new challenges. The Association works side-by-side with private organizations, business and industry partners, and many federal and state agencies. Through a statewide network, the PACD leadership supports a multitude of locally led conservation efforts and stands ready to address future issues.
The PACD is a nonprofit, 501 C-3 organization. It receives financial support through dues, state and federal grants, and private and corporate donations.
State and Federal Partners
PACD works with the following partners to provide quality leadership and service for the stewardship and conservation of Pennsylvania’s natural resources:
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission
- Pennsylvania Game Commission
- Pennsylvania State Conservation Commission
- The Pennsylvania State University
- USDA – Farm Service Agency
- USDA – Natural Resources Conservation Service
- USDA – Rural Development