Conservationists from Across the Northeastern United States Convene in Lancaster
Representatives from the northeastern United States traveled to the DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel in Lancaster for the National Association of Conservation District’s (NACD) Northeast Regional Meeting. Conservation leaders from these states met for educational programs, tours, and networking.
“It is exiting to host a meeting that brings our counterparts from other northeastern states together. This week, we were able to showcase some of Pennsylvania’s conservation district projects via tours and educational sessions. Attendees learned about the Dirt, Gravel, and Low Volume Road Program which helps decrease pollution from unpaved roads and is unique to Pennsylvania. They visited a plain sect farm where they saw how the Lancaster County Conservation District helped the farmer control pollution. They participated in a stormwater tour by LandStudies, Inc. which shows work being done in our communities to reduce flooding. Finally, visitors had the opportunity to visit Stroud Water Research Center and learn about research they are conducting to ensure we have enough clean water for future generations,” said Brenda Shambaugh, PACD Executive Director. “Our conservation districts work hard every day to make a difference in our communities.”
After saying goodbye to our collegues from other states, the Pennsylvania Association of Conservation Districts, Inc. (PACD) and the State Conservation Commission held their 71th Joint Annual Conference. Several Pennsylvania conservationists were recognized at an awards luncheon on July 18.
The 2018 PACD honorees are as follows:
- Legislator Leadership Award – Senator John H. Eichelberger, Jr. (PA 30th District)
- President’s Award – Pat Sueck
- Ann Rudd Saxman Conservation District Director Excellence Award – Jay Snyder (Lancaster County)
- Conservation District Employee Excellence Award – Renee Swineford (Snyder County)
- Conservation District Employee Service Recognition Program Awards
40 Years of Service
- Craig Bingman, Manager, Snyder County
- Years of Service
- Carl Goshorn, Manager, Cumberland County
- James Pillsbury, Hydraulic Engineer, Westmoreland County
- Tammie Robinson, Administrative Assistant, Indiana County
- Lorelle Steach, PA Envirothon Coordinator, Bedford County
Trackback from your site.