Conservationists Recognized in Harrisburg
PACD’s annual conference was held in Harrisburg, PA. Several conservationists were recognized during the awards luncheon on July 20, 2022.
The 2022 PACD honorees are as follows:
Legislator Leadership Award
Representative James B. Struzzi II
The Indiana County Conservation District nominated representative Struzzi.
PACD Ad Hoc Budget Committee
Members of the committee include:
- Christopher Thompson (Lancaster County)
- John Dryzal (Cambria County)
- Josh Longmore (Luzerne County)
- Mark Hamilton (Tioga County)
- Emil Bove (Westmoreland County)
- Douglas Beri Jr. (Indiana County)
- Christopher B. Snyder (Juniata County)
Ann Rudd Saxman Conservation District Director Excellence Award
Ted Veresink, Northampton County Conservation District
Conservation District Employee Excellence Award
Scott Metzger, Franklin County Conservation District
Conservation District Trash Champion
The Washington County Conservation District collected 46 bags and 10 tons of trash and tires! As a result, the district won the Trash Champion Award for the second year.
Conservation District Employee Service Recognition Awards
With 35 Years of Service:
- Sandy Thompson, McKean County
- Susan Moon, Somerset County
With 40 Years of Service:
- Ed Magargee, Delaware County
- Gerald Heistand, Lancaster County
Click here to read the entire press release and here to view more photos.