Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Law Office of Andrew H. Shaw, P.C. will be presenting to the membership about the new PACD legal advice program at the PACD/SCC Winter Meeting in January? The meeting will take place January 24-25, 2017, at the Ramada Conference Center in State College, PA. Registration information will go out in early December, so keep your eyes peeled and don’t miss this opportunity to learn about this new membership benefit! (11/21/16)
- Did you know that when you shop online at amazon.com you can benefit the Pennsylvania Envirothon? When you buy items on amazon.com, you can earn 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases for the Envirothon. Simply visit smile.amazon.com/ch/25-1824095, login, and shop! (11/4/16)
- Did you know that the PACD Executive Board met in person in State College on November 1, 2016? The group held their monthly business meeting, had a review of PACD financials with PACD Director of Operations Lisa Suhr, and held a discussion on district director involvement, a strategic plan, and the 2018 National Association of Conservation Districts Northeast Region Meeting, which will be held in Pennsylvania. (11/7/16)
- Did you know that four free communications webinars are available for conservation district staff in November, December, and January? Space is limited. Click here to register today! (10/31/16)
- Did you know that on October 18, 2016, a joint hearing was held on Chesapeake Bay Strategies? PACD Executive Director Brenda Shambaugh provided testimony during this joint hearing of the Senate Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee and the Senate Environmental Resources & Energy Committee. Click here to read the testimony. (10/24/16)
- Did you know that PACD distributes a quarterly e-newsletter on the Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) in PA? Submissions for the fall e-newsletter are now being accepted. Click here to view past issues and here to subscribe. Contact Terry Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org with any contributions to the e-newsletter. (10/3/16)
- Did you know that PACD is creating a new listserve for conservation district staff working on the Dirt, Gravel and Low Volume Roads (DGLVR) program? District DGLVR staff can sign-up for the listserve by clicking here or sending an e-mail request to Sandy Austin with PACD at email@example.com. (9/19/16)
- Did you know that the National Association of Conservation Districts has announced the 2017 Stewardship Theme? The theme will be: “Healthy Soils Are Full of Life.” The 2017 Stewardship Week will take place April 30-May 7. Information on the 2017 poster contest will be available later this fall. (8/29/16)
- Did you know that PACD’s Engineering Assistance Program staff provided the engineering for the Flight 93 memorial wetland project? Click here to read an article about the project. Somerset Conservation District’s involvement in acid mine drainage projects is also highlighted in the article. (8/1/16)
- Did you know there is a PACD listserve for every PACD member? Ag technicians, E&S technicians, administrative support staff, managers, directors, associate directors, watershed specialists, and environmental educators can all take advantage of this membership service. Listserve members can communicate with counterparts across the state in a single e-mail, and receive announcements and information relevant to their job duties. Interested? Contact Molly with PACD.