On Monday, September 23, 2019, the Berks County Conservation District (BCCD) hosted the annual “A Bite of Berks Scholarship Fundraiser.”
Here are a few of the highlights from the evening:
- Deputy Greg Hostetter joined the event and said a few words.
- The district awarded $20,500 in scholarships; partners gave an additional $2,500 in scholarships; there was a special award for the Berks Science Fair winner.
- Several award recipients were recognized, including Farmer of the Year, Conservation Individual of the Year, and others.
- After the scholarship and awards portion of the evening was complete, guests enjoyed food samples made by local restaurants, caterers, bakeries, food trucks, and others who used an ingredient that was grown or produced in Berks County. Guests tasted and then voted for their favorite. Awards were given to the top 3 in each of 4 categories.
- There was a Silent Auction with proceeds benefiting the BCCD Scholarship fund.
- Dave Kline’s Mountain folk Trio provided music.